Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Mortgage Underwriting

tag
miltown81
New Contributor

US Bank Mortgage Underwriting

I have applied for Pre-Approval with US Bank and  since then I have heard a number of "horror" stories from people who used US Bank. My file is currently in underwriting (since they do that first these days) and wanted to see if anyone in the community has had a bad experience with them. For instance, has anyone been given pre-approval but at the last minute was told that the bank needed more info or was simply denied? Thanks!

Starting Score: 711
Current Score: 819
Goal Score: 820

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
miltown81
New Contributor

Re: US Bank Mortgage Underwriting

It's been over 2 weeks now and still no answer. The loan officer just keeps saying that they are bottle-necked right now due to large amount of applications. Rediculous even for a "Big Box" bank. I am persuing other local banks starting Moday!

Starting Score: 711
Current Score: 819
Goal Score: 820

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
eva322
Established Member

Re: US Bank Mortgage Underwriting

That's the same story everyone is giving these days...our's is the underwriters are more "backlogged" these days...people are trying to get their home loans in because the interest rates are on the rise... 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.