Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Auto financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA Auto financing

Does anybody know what Fico scores USAA considers excellent, good, fair & need improvement? The website shows what the rate would be for each of these categories, but I don't know what FICO score corresponds to each category.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Auto financing

jamaraz1 wrote:
Does anybody know what Fico scores USAA considers excellent, good, fair & need improvement? The website shows what the rate would be for each of these categories, but I don't know what FICO score corresponds to each category.

I'd like to know, too -- and also if they use auto-enhanced scores.

Waiting with anticipation....
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does the website have for rates for each of these categories?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of our car loans is with USAA and it is at 7.49% and if I remember correctly, my score at the time of application was approximatley 650.  Hope that helps. 
They are very helpful, why not just call and ask?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found it.  New cars are 5.39% for "excellent" credit; 6.89% for "good", 7.89% for "fair" and a whopping 10%+ for "needs improvement".

Which CRA did they pull?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boscoe wrote:
I found it.  New cars are 5.39% for "excellent" credit; 6.89% for "good", 7.89% for "fair" and a whopping 10%+ for "needs improvement".

Which CRA did they pull?

Great work! Now all we need to know is what the score cutoffs are. Do you imagine that an EQ 785 would qualify as "good"?
Message 6 of 10
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Boscoe wrote:

Which CRA did they pull?

FWIW: I attempted a CLI with them in February and they pulled only EQ.  I am in New York, don't know that it matters.  And I don't know if they choose to pull a different CR for auto as opposed to credit card.

atlast
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd guess something like this:

Excellent  750+
Good 720+
Fair 680+ 

Anything lower:  needs improvement.

Anyone had anyone but EQ pull for USAA?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boscoe wrote:
I'd guess something like this:

Excellent  750+
Good 720+
Fair 680+ 

Anything lower:  needs improvement.

Anyone had anyone but EQ pull for USAA?

I'm hoping it's only EQ... if that's the case, I'll wait until April 30, when my EQ (now at 785) should be up over 800 since I decreased my UTI from 38% down to <1% on March 23 and 2 refi inquiries will have aged off.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always ask them who they pull.....with 785, believe me, you ain't getting denied.   800+ is nice, but not really necessary to get approved.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.