Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA HELOC Process...

tag
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

USAA HELOC Process...

Hi. Has anyone gotten a HELOC from USAA? If so, what was the process? Is getting the home equity disclosure pdf an approval? It would be very helpful if someone can walk me through the steps as I'm 100% clueless about this. I've never had a mortgage or anything. I inherited this property. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: USAA HELOC Process...

The equity disclosure is just information about the loan you are applying for, it's not an approval.  The process isn't the same for every bank, but it's similar.

1.  You apply

2.  You provide documentation

3.  They run some sort of valuation on your home and if the amount of loan you requested fits within the figure they get, that is pretty much it

4.  If it's not, then they will either do an appraisal and/or counter your limit to the appropriate level based on the valuation figure

5 . You accept the terms, they draw up the documents for the loan closing

6.  Notary comes to your home, you sign documents, the fees for the HELOC are the initial amount you draw on the HELOC, then the loan records 4 business days later

7.  You will have some online access to your account, plus a checkbook mailed to you

8.  Payments are usually due every 30 days from when it recorded/opened

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

Re: USAA HELOC Process...

Thank you for breaking it down for me. You rock!  :-)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.