Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA

I got a call from USAA tonight.. they approved me for a $20,000 car loan at a pretty decent rate (8.5%), as opposed to the rate on the current car loan I have (with Drive Financial for 17.9%... grrr).  USAA also gave me a $5000 Amex and a $5000 Mastercard this week.  Clearly they pull EQ, as my other scores are not very good.  I think my EQ score is in the mid 600's.

Jennifer Z
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: USAA

i cannot get anything with them, i have checking and savings with them and my auto and home insurance.  My scores are only in the low 600's though.  I really want to get my auto loan refi'd with them they give pretty good rates and it would be a lot easier making all these payments to the same company.  Ive been denied for a CC with them so many times im not even going to waste my time applying for one anymoreSmiley Sad

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA

I was denied for their CCs over and over... but I got everything cleaned up on my EQ, and even with limited credit history, they finally gave me 2 $5K CCs, plus they just refinanced 3 cars for us at 9.8% (they had offered me 8.5% for a new one, but for refi they offered 9.8%, which is still better than what we have on any of them, so I can't complain at all).  I'm hoping in 6 months or so I can ask for a lower rate.  I just had to get the collections and public debts off my EQ... but fortunately, EQ is the easiest of the 3 to deal with.  We have our checking with USAA, but my hubby wants to move it all to NFCU... he might reconsider now... LOL

Don't give up!

Jennifer Z
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.