New Contributor
jenna4now2

USAA

I got a call from USAA tonight.. they approved me for a $20,000 car loan at a pretty decent rate (8.5%), as opposed to the rate on the current car loan I have (with Drive Financial for 17.9%... grrr).  USAA also gave me a $5000 Amex and a $5000 Mastercard this week.  Clearly they pull EQ, as my other scores are not very good.  I think my EQ score is in the mid 600's.

Jennifer Z
Thanks and Be Blessed!

Jennifer Z.
Frequent Contributor
jenkins

Re: USAA

i cannot get anything with them, i have checking and savings with them and my auto and home insurance.  My scores are only in the low 600's though.  I really want to get my auto loan refi'd with them they give pretty good rates and it would be a lot easier making all these payments to the same company.  Ive been denied for a CC with them so many times im not even going to waste my time applying for one anymore:smileysad:

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
jenna4now2

Re: USAA

I was denied for their CCs over and over... but I got everything cleaned up on my EQ, and even with limited credit history, they finally gave me 2 $5K CCs, plus they just refinanced 3 cars for us at 9.8% (they had offered me 8.5% for a new one, but for refi they offered 9.8%, which is still better than what we have on any of them, so I can't complain at all).  I'm hoping in 6 months or so I can ask for a lower rate.  I just had to get the collections and public debts off my EQ... but fortunately, EQ is the easiest of the 3 to deal with.  We have our checking with USAA, but my hubby wants to move it all to NFCU... he might reconsider now... LOL

Don't give up!

Jennifer Z
Thanks and Be Blessed!

Jennifer Z.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}