Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA 502 Direct

tag
parannoyed
New Visitor

USDA 502 Direct

Just applied for the 502 Direct loan in PA. Waiting on processing but LO is being very helpful and I think is trying to push it through so before they lose funding. They don't want excess funds sitting around.

Looking at a home listed at 125k, seller assist of up to $5500, been on the market over a year now and no bites.
Home is only accessed through 2 gates and through a field. Deeded right of way and road base is stone so it meets requirements as far as that part goes. Original owner has used as a camp since late 70's lives in MD and doesn't want it. Selling fully furnished. Given the location (a turn off for most) and length of time on the market what would be a reasonable offer? It's 2288 sq ft with a basement and 2 car garage. Dated but good condition.

Second issue. Sq footage is over the 2000sq ft consideration for the northeast. Given what else is available this is kind of par for the course if we don't want to live in a scabbed together shack on the edge of town or an uninsulated farmhouse. Given the home is only 288sq ft over the suggested limit I think I can argue the point, but was curious if anyone else has been able to do so in a similar situtaion and how they did it? I'll have a ton of supporting documents if I need them and can point out energy savings with this home vs some of the others in the area for the same price. Just would like some real life experience on how much data I need to hit them with.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.