Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Building on already owned land.

tag
Elaise

USDA Building on already owned land.

Hello everyone.

I own 3 acres of land that is worth 60 grand. When I go to do a construction loan how will the value of the property effect the procoess or the loan.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Elaise

Re: USDA Building on already owned land.

So nobody here has any information. Is there a better place to to ask my question?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure exactly. I am assuming you own the land outright. The taxable value of that land would count towards your DTI. I would imagine that if you DO have a lien against the land, you may have an issue with first lien position. I could be totally wrong on that.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it would be a lot of guesstimating as it would depend on loan product and builder. I have heard that some builders buy back the land during the construction phase and then sell the whole package back to you at the end.

Maybe with bumping someone will add more info.
Message 4 of 7
George2037
Regular Contributor

I'm assuming that you are getting the construction loan to develop the 3 acers.  If that's the case it will be factored into the total Loan to Value when the loan is put together.  If you own it outright it will only help you, if you still owe money on it it will count against the LTV and could possibly be rolled into the final mortage.

Message 5 of 7
Elaise

Yeah I own the land outright. It is already developed and only needs a foundation and ceptic put in.  Is there a difference how the USDA direct views stick built vs modular?

Thanks for all the feedback.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Handbooks-
http://www.rd.usda.gov/publications/regulations-guidelines/handbooks

My understanding is that modular homes must be permanently fixed to a foundation. There are probably additional requirements.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.