Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Closing Date Set!

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

USDA Closing Date Set!

Just received word...application now through underwriting and approved by USDA. Closing date on our house (1st home purchase) is 2/25.

HAPPY DAY!!! Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Closing Date Set!

Congratulations!  That's great.  

If you don't mind my asking:  Why the delay, however, since you are already approved by the USDA?  I thought that was the last major holdup for that process.

Message 2 of 7
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!  That's great.  

If you don't mind my asking:  Why the delay, however, since you are already approved by the USDA?  I thought that was the last major holdup for that process.

Pre-approval comes from the lender, but final approval for the guarantee comes after the file passes through underwriting and before the closing. However, it is my understanding that once USDA receives the file, the closing date is set very quickly...within a couple of days.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 3 of 7
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, once USDA gives the 'okay' its just a matter of scheduling attorneys etc. but its not unreasonable to see closings as soon as 2 to three days after the USDA clear 'especially if U/W' has already been taken care of.   Congrats on the home purchase!!!!

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 4 of 7
Mortgage_Quest
Valued Member

Congrats!

Message 5 of 7
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Its such a relief to hear those three little words...cleared-to-close, LOL

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.