Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Direct Finally Closing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA Direct Finally Closing

We have been working diligently for the last three years to improve our credit and buy a home. Our scores have increased drastically and in September we were approved for USDA direct. We went under contract in the first week of October only to find out that there was no funding. So we have done extension after extension after extension and were just about to give up and we got funded. We are set to close on the 31st. 4 months seems ridiculous and we were completely frustrated with the process and as stated were about to give up and it finally came through.

To those doing USDA direct it is a long and aggravating process but after 4 months we are finally closing so hang in there.

And thanks to all of those who have helped me over the last couple of years we are now getting our first home for our family.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: USDA Direct Finally Closing

4 months sounds like torture!  I feel like a whiner for complaining about my negotiations taking 2 weeks of my life and not coming to a positive conclusion!

Congratulations!

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Forgive me ignorance, what is USDA loan?

Message 3 of 5
mauve
Valued Contributor

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/Home.html

There are programs for Direct Loans (you borrow money from the US Department of Agriculture directly) and for Guaranteed Loans (you go with a private lender and USDA guarantees it). 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Congratulations to you and your family!

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.