Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Direct - First Payment Due?

tag
DanTheMan77
Regular Contributor

USDA Direct - First Payment Due?

Can anyone who has been through USDA Direct tell me when the first mortgage payment is due? Our closing is set for October 31, however the Truth in Lending statement I got from USDA says the first payment is due June 2015. I think this must be a mistake, but it would be nice if it is correct. For budgeting purposes I'm assuming that the first payment will be due December 1. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DanTheMan77
Regular Contributor

Re: USDA Direct - First Payment Due?

I found the answer in case anyone else is interested:

"All payments are due 30 days from closing except for loans closed on 29th, 30th and 31st. Any closings after the 28th for 29, 30th and 31st will have a due date of 28th."

Message 2 of 3
rideswithchrist1
New Contributor

Re: USDA Direct - First Payment Due?

That sounds about right, with a normal mortgage (I think) you pay on the 1st of the month, so if you close lets say October 10th, your mortgage for Nov has already been paid for so your first payment is due December 1st. 

For us, we closed on May 23rd so our payments are due on the 23rd of each month...which is AWESOME because we can pay half on the 1st and half on the 15th Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.