Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Direct Home Loan Question????

tag
msnabs
Valued Member

USDA Direct Home Loan Question????

Does anyone have any experience with the Direct Home Loan Program thru USDA? Was just wondering because I submitted my app last week and noticed that some other things were added to the list of documents that I had previously submitted. I just want to make sure that I am not getting the run around. Any advice, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks....
Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
flintlockjo
New Contributor

Re: USDA Direct Home Loan Question????

what was added to the list?

I also am doing a Direct Loan, I filled out the application on March 5. I had to have copies of  2 yrs taxes, 2 months bank statements, 1 month pay stubs, divorce papers, BK papers, installment, and CC info, any 401k info, etc.. They also needed the same info on any adult that will live in the house even if they are not on the loan.

Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion670Date: 4/16/2009
Equifax650Date: 4/16/2009
TransUnion662Date: 7/3/2009
Equifax673Date: 7/3/2009
Message 2 of 8
msnabs
Valued Member

I was told that I had to complete a homeownership class. It was included with a letter that I got on Thursday. I called back but the person that is working on my file was not in. That's why I was concerned. I am in school, working and a single parent, so my time is limited. I just wanted to know if anyone has had someone tell them the same thing. Hopefully I can find a one day class nearby that will issue me a certificate.
Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 3 of 8
flintlockjo
New Contributor

yep, if you are a first time home buyer and applying for a Direct Loan, you have to take the class. The paper I have says if you don't have the certificate from that class,  you can't close on a house. Where I am, they only hold them on Wednesday, from 3-6 and noon til 3, so I had to schedule time off from work to go. Seems kind of silly to have them at those times, you're trying to buy a house but you have to take time off of work to go.
Your Latest FICO® Scores
Message 4 of 8
msnabs
Valued Member

I guess I will find out on Monday. Hopefully the person working on my file will be back and I can get a list of the programs in my area. Man! If its not one thing its another. I will also try and find out if online homebuyer classes count. I found one on the web and I can do that after work. They issue you a certificate that you can print out too. I will keep you guys posted.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a great program and the classes are excellent. Well worth the time investment. These people look out for you and walk you through the homebuying process. I didn't wind up going with a USDA loan, found a better interest rate, but let me tell you, the classes are very worth while.

Message 6 of 8
flintlockjo
New Contributor

Let us know what you find out. I just got a call today, they need more info, but I don't know for what yet. I wasn't home and they left a message. I can't imagine what it could be, I've given them about my whole life historySmiley Wink
Your Latest FICO® Scores
Message 7 of 8
msnabs
Valued Member

I will, I called today and the person working on my paperwork was out again today, **sigh**.Smiley SadI hope to get a hold of her tommorow...Will keep you posted....

The saga continues...........

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.