New Visitor
callmeringo

USDA Direct Loan . . . high mileage deduction. Help!!!

I've been working as a contracted rural mail carrier for the U.S. Postal service for the last 6 years. I get a regular paycheck, but at the end of the year, I get a 1099, so technically I'm self employed.

I sent in a pre-qualification form for a USDA Direct Loan, and was told that although my credit is good, my income is too low (and my DTI ratio is too high). The problem lies in my mileage deduction which takes over $10,000 off my Adjusted Gross Income.

Feeling really discouraged. Does anyone know if there's any way around this?

My accountant told me to keep track of my actual car expenses. He's offered to write a letter to the Loan Officer explaining that my actual car expenses are much lower than the mileage deduction. He's said he's done this before, and it has been accepted. However, he's not done it with the USDA. Does anyone know if this would be acceptable to them?

Most appreciative for any help or advice.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}