Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Direct after BK... CLOSED!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct after BK... CLOSED!!!

This is amazing!!! How can I bookmark this?
Message 51 of 61
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
This is amazing!!! How can I bookmark this?

Welcome to myFICO.

To the right of the screen is an "options" button. Click on it and you'll see:

Capture.JPG

Message 52 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thread, thanks OP!

One question I have is, I am coming off of a bankruptcy, and my income is too high to qualify for the Direct, but am able to qualify for the Guaranteed. Does anyone know if the credit score exception pertains to the Guaranteed loan also, or only to the Direct? I am unable to find anything in the Guaranteed handbook about it.

Thanks!

Message 53 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

We are so happy we found this forum with your story. My daughter is in the same situation now she explained that her high credit score should allow her to continue with out waiting the 36 months but they are saying that the handbook is refereing to a chapter 13 not chapter 7.  Can you please tell us what bankruptcy you had was it chapter 7 or 13. To me it should not matter since the hand book does not say 13 or 7 it just say BANKRUPTCY.

We are awaiting your reply thanks so much...

Message 54 of 61
DanTheMan77
Regular Contributor

I had a Chapter 7. The people in your office are confused. The handbook says:

The following will not be considered indicators of unacceptable credit:
(i) A bankruptcy in which debts were discharged more than 36 months prior to the date of application or where an applicant successfully completed a bankruptcy debt restructuring plan and has demonstrated a willingness to meet obligations when due for the 12 months prior to the date of application.

They are confusing the fact that you have to wait 3 years after a Chapter 7 and 1 year after a Chapter 13 UNLESS you have a midscore of 640 or greater. You will find that the people in the local offices don't always know the rules. I would press them on the issue, but be as polite as possible. If need be, ask for clarification from a supervisor. That's what I had to do when I applied. They had no idea that there was an exception to get approved within 3 years with a 640+ score.

Also, I mention this in my first post and reference the page number in the handbook.

Message 55 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going thru the process now and they absolutley refuse to allow the bankruptcy I was denied after full application and am requesting mediation. I have spoken to supervisors and they have confirmed with Washington that bankruptcy trumps everything else and will not waive. So you were fortunate enough to get the loan but I don't foresee that happening for anyone else in the further. Extremely frustrating!
Message 56 of 61
DanTheMan77
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Is your mid-score over 640? I have never heard of someone having a problem as long as their mid-score is over 640.

Message 57 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes 705
Message 58 of 61
Krystie

Hi can you tell me how you calculated your how much they would loan you for home purchase?

Message 59 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Krystie wrote:

Hi can you tell me how you calculated your how much they would loan you for home purchase?

Go here & use the drop-down boxes to fill in your basics for that info then browse the USDA site a bit. You can also click the link in my signature just below this message & you'll find my timeline & more info, including links to the handbooks. Knowledge is power, so start reading! Best of luck to you.

Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.