Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Direct and Judgements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA Direct and Judgements

I have a judgement Im ty\rying to get off my reports (on 2 of the 3 right now)

I read that usda direct will do a public records search. Has anyone ever had this happen? Did u have a judgement thats not on ur cras picked up by usda?

Anyone have a judgement less than a yr old and still get approved?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct and Judgements

First off, if you have a valid judgement less than a year old they may deny you just on that.  They generally like to see 1 year of clean credit history.  They may allow it thought depending on the circumstances. 

They will do a records search as part of title.  This is to make sure there is nothing outstanding (like a judgement) that could place a lein on your home or a garnishment on your wages....)

Last, if there is an judgement on your record you need to do one of 2 things...

Pay it off

Get it totally vacated..

They will allow you to have made payment arrangements on a judgement but will want to see 6 - 12 months clean payment history so if you are looking now it is too late to start that.

If it is invalid, then try to get it vacated, then you will not have to pay it.

No lender will loan with an outstanding judgement on your history (credit report or not) without it being paid or vacated.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct and Judgements

Well I just wante to update this incase anyone else doing usda direct wants to know. I was approved for USDA direct with an open judgement and two small collections. As long as I paid them. Which I did. We are now set to close on our first home July 10th
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.