Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Direct - past and present buyers

tag
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

USDA Direct - past and present buyers

At what point in the process did you feel comfortable enough to start looking at houses? I just started the application process yesterday and was told it could take 30 days for approval. The biggest problem is that I'm not sure yet how much we'll be approved for because of the subsidy. Just wondering when other people started shopping. Thanks!

Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct - past and present buyers

Hi! We applied last year and ran through all three extentions and didn't find a house. We began re-applying aorund Dec 20th I email and call to kind've see where we are at and as of Friday we were on the desk going to the system (so theyre running numbers). Where nothing has changed for us (income/debts) we have continued looking and are even under contract. Prior to going under contract I called the office and asked if we should be putting out offers while waiting on the re-applying app. They said they could not say either way that it was out choice BUT we could expect upon approval to be around the same price point. So we made offers based on our last preapproval. I would wait a few weeks that way if any red flags come up they will contact you and you'll know where you stand.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.