Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Do I Have A Chance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA Do I Have A Chance?

I qualify for both the direct and guaranteed loan program.  I ordered a new 3B report today. Credit scores across the board are Experian 650, Trans Union 607 and Equifax 635.  Mortgage scores are Experian 634, Equifax 612 and Tran Union 592.   I have been employed with the same company for 7 years and I also can provide excellent rental records.My rent for the last 7 years has been between $700 =$825 month. I am hoping to be approved for around $130,000.

I am disputing some items with Trans Union that are being reported as being on a payment plan when it fact they are not. I believe this is why my report is showing recent late payments. I have no payments to them. All of my other payments on car, credit cards are being paid early every month.  I filed a Chapter 13 bankruptcy in Feb 2010. I satisfied all obligtion of my court plan and was discharged in August 2015.  All of my bankruptcy accounts should age off between August and December of this  year. The bankruptcy itself will come off in January 2017. 

My credit utilization is high but I am to either be paying off my credit cards or bringing balances way down.  They are not huge balance all 3 cards have less than $1,500 balances.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Do I Have A Chance?

You can do a quick search on google but pretty sure you have to wait 3 yrs after your bankruptcy is discharged for a usda loan
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that the USDA handbook said that if it was a Chapter 13 bankruptcy that you could qualify for a loan. I believe it said that if you had made payments for at least a year or longer on a Chapter 13 plan that it was eligible. I made payments for 5 years and the bankruptcy has been discharged since early August 2015.  Can anyone confirm this or am I reading the USDA explanation wrong ?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure,maybe the 3 yrs is for a chapter 7.I just googled it and glanced over real quick.Maybe a mortgage expert will chime in and give you some advice
Message 4 of 5
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

USDA I think needs a mms of 640
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.