Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA GRANT

tag
Ottley
New Contributor

USDA GRANT

Do any of you know if the USDA offers grants to buy land for farming? everything I keep finding says loan. Is this true? If so, can any of you tell me your experiences getting land from a grant or loan from the USDA. I am wanting to do as much research as I can to educate myself. Is there forms we need to fill out, and if so where can they be found? My husband and I are wanting to invest in land and just need to know where to start. Any help is appreciate. You can also PM me. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: USDA GRANT

You may have explored this already, but here is a legitimate link to the USDA Grants and Loans programs:  http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome?navid=GRANTS_LOANS

This link is for eligibility for USDA Grants and Loans:  http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do

Be very careful when  you are researching for grant funds. This is an area where the scammers come out of the woodwork on the internet offering you "grants" for $$ upfront. Don't fall for it. Good luck.

Message 2 of 8
Ottley
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the info. I was able to call, but the department I need is out of the office til thursday!!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ottley wrote:

I was able to call, but the department I need is out of the office til thursday!!

Yeah, it'd be better to just sit back & learn to accept that kind of thing, because the government doesn't move swiftly when it comes to grants & loans. To read my experiences, click the link in my signature below.

Message 4 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Listen to LeavingTheCity and Lemmus - they both know USDA well - and are going through the process now so their info is timely Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

... and Pfarro1. I'm racing to close next Monday, but he's shaking chicken bones & poking voodoo dolls to get us to close on the same day as him, later this month. Here you go, Ottley. You'll be needing this drink.

ultimate bloody mary.jpg

Message 6 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

... and Pfarro1. I'm racing to close next Monday, but he's shaking chicken bones & poking voodoo dolls to get us to close on the same day, later this month. Here you go, Ottley. You'll be needing this drink.

ultimate bloody mary.jpg

LMAO Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I wish i had that chicken bone drum Smiley Surprised I would have used it on my seller to get him to agree to move the closing up tho...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.