Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Guaranteed Loan

tag
Crcrec
New Visitor

USDA Guaranteed Loan

Hi all - I'm looking for advice on my approval likelihood for a USDA mortgage. I have $6800 in credit card debt both cards are a at high utilization about 98 percent from recently graduating law school and using those cards to help get me through school. However my minimum monthly payments are $183/month and my debt to income ratio is 16/26. My transunion score is 639, equifax 620, and experian 653. The underwriting guidelines say for USDA it's a credit score of 620. How do mortgage lenders generally look at high credit utilization? Any advice appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Re: USDA Guaranteed Loan

Having just gone through the USDA guarantee program(Closing this Thursday). I know that most lenders do want a 640 minimum score  even though USDA says 620.  As far as utilization on the cards, lower is always better, obviously. So they may want you to get those paid down, we ran into a similar issue with one of our cards but paying it down some solved the problem.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.