cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Guaranteed/Medical Collections

tag

USDA Guaranteed/Medical Collections

My husband and I have about $600 in unpaid medical collections on our reports. I dont know all 3 scores but I have a 647 and 673. My husband has a 669. We are in the process of paying the collections but I was just wondering if we could be approved with those collections on our report as unpaid. All of them are at least a year old.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USDA Guaranteed/Medical Collections

@AmEricadaBeauty wrote:

My husband and I have about $600 in unpaid medical collections on our reports. I dont know all 3 scores but I have a 647 and 673. My husband has a 669. We are in the process of paying the collections but I was just wondering if we could be approved with those collections on our report as unpaid. All of them are at least a year old.

You would most likely be approved but IMO if they are deleting the TLs it would be better to wait as your scores will be higher.

Message 2 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Shouldn't be an issue with that amount of medical collections.  Are you paying them off via the HIPAA program? 

Google why chat hipaa

mod edit: link to website

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 7

I have paid 2 of them off and I just went through the collection agency, never heard of the HIPAA program. They are all valid collections so there is nothing to dispute but would this way remove them from my credit report?

Message 4 of 7

I also have an old hospital bill from around 6/2007 for an xray. Its about $2k. The hospital referred it to a collection agency, along with some much smaller bills, that I am paying once a month. Besides the 2k bill I only owe about $75 with this collection agency. The collection agency never put the 2k on my credit. I am assuming because I have been paying them. Can they still report that 2k bill? I guess what I'm trying to find out if there is a statue of limitations for collection agencies to report the debt to the credit bureaus. 

Message 5 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@AmEricadaBeauty wrote:

I have paid 2 of them off and I just went through the collection agency, never heard of the HIPAA program. They are all valid collections so there is nothing to dispute but would this way remove them from my credit report?

Yup.  Read through the program, all links.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 6 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@AmEricadaBeauty wrote:

I also have an old hospital bill from around 6/2007 for an xray. Its about $2k. The hospital referred it to a collection agency, along with some much smaller bills, that I am paying once a month. Besides the 2k bill I only owe about $75 with this collection agency. The collection agency never put the 2k on my credit. I am assuming because I have been paying them. Can they still report that 2k bill? I guess what I'm trying to find out if there is a statue of limitations for collection agencies to report the debt to the credit bureaus. 

I believe it's a 7-year statute of limitations on reporting, from the date that it was first delinquent leading up to the default.  Don't quote me though, I am not a FCRA genius like others here.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.