cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Guaranteed loan - Actual income hovering below the max limit, but calculations put us over.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA Guaranteed loan - Actual income hovering below the max limit, but calculations put us over.

Long story short, been battling over income calculations with LO/underwriter.

The problem is, their calculations are completely flawed. They are trying to project my total 2012 earnings based on earnings YTD and then arriving at a monthly income and then multiplying that by 12 to project out the rest of the year. This is one of the many accepted USDA calculation methods. Problem is, YTD includes 3 different once-a-year payments that have already been made to me (bonus, stock, flex pay-out) that I will not be receiving again in 2012 and factoring them into the monthly calculation that will be counted as my income for the next 4 months, so that puts me over the limit. I have evidence from my last paystub of 2011 and other paystubs from 2011 that these are indeed one time payouts and that I am not entitled to any additional payouts this year aside from regular earnings.

I ran the calculations myself by projecting out my regular earnings for the year (my base salary) and then adding on the 3 additional one time payments I received throughout the year. This puts me just under the maximum income limits. I sent this calculation to my LO after business hours on friday. Anyone have any idea if this might work or be considered? The way they are calculating is about $5k more than I will possibly make this year, so I don't think its fair to deny me based on money I will never see. My calculations are based on my knowledge of how my company pays me and presents the closest projection of what I will actually make this year. Will this possibly fly? Would they use my calculations based on the evidence I provided? I even provided a screenshot from my employee handbook showing that one of the pay items is a one-time yearly payment that maxes out at $1,000 based on unused vacation hours. I provided the pay stub that included that payment from March 2012, and was for $987. I WILL NOT be receiving more pay in the category. Another category is stated as an ANNUAL bonus on my paystub and was paid out in Feb of this year. I think that is self explanatory.

Any idea what my chances are of them using my calculations? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
deeblock

Re: USDA Guaranteed loan - Actual income hovering below the max limit, but calculations put us over.

No they will not  use your calculations, I went through that I had to do Guaranteed.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Guaranteed loan - Actual income hovering below the max limit, but calculations put us over.

Well it looks like they saw things my way and we are moving forward.  To anyone out there who doesn't think the lender or underwriter is doing things properly...do your research, push the issue, and make them do things right.  To them, you're just another file.  But to you, its your house, your family, and your life.  I wasn't about to give up on USDA eligibility because in the long run, it will save me a SIGNIFICANT amount of money and allows me to put a very nice roof over our head.  The only person looking out for you is you.  If you won't do it, nobody will.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.