cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Guaranteed requires collections paid off?

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

USDA Guaranteed requires collections paid off?

This is news to me, that collections have to be paid off 12 months before approval???  I didn't see anything about that in the guidelines that I read and the LO didn't mention it to me when I said I was looking at reapplying in 6 months...is this really true?

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Guaranteed requires collections paid off?

I had several unpaid collections that were not required to be paid off......I still need to deal with them on my own but was able to close on my house last month.

Message 2 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@thankfulheart wrote:

This is news to me, that collections have to be paid off 12 months before approval???  I didn't see anything about that in the guidelines that I read and the LO didn't mention it to me when I said I was looking at reapplying in 6 months...is this really true?

I think she probably said all collections in the last 12 months have to be paid off. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

@thankfulheart wrote:

I think she probably said all collections in the last 12 months have to be paid off. 

+1 -- I agree with Booner, this is probably what she meant.

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 6
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Banks can have their own overlays to the guidelines so they may require you to pay off collections - I would ask for clarity 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 5 of 6
sharpie
Regular Contributor

I was told this week that there can be no open collections or judgments AFTER closing.  Sounded rather backwards to me.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.