Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Income Question

tag
trdmlc
New Contributor

USDA Income Question

I had been planning on USDA for buying a home within the next few months.  However, I just received a pay increase which puts me about $1000 over the yearly income limit.  I was wondering about the income verification process, and if this definitely eliminates me from the program? 

Starting Score LENDER PULLS (02/23/10): 587 (TU) 554 (EQ) 562 (EX)
Current Score LENDER PULLS (07/02/10): 651 (TU) 645 (EQ) 669 (EX)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: USDA Income Question

They will take a look at the last two years taxes AND the current paystubs or contact your employer -

If you are over you are over - they make you sign a document stating what you make

if you sign that and it is wrong it is fraud -

Sorry but it is probably time to shift gears to an FHA loan since it has the lowest down payment option after USDA

If you were looking at the Direct loan you may still qualify for the USDA guaranteed?

My statements above assumed you were looking at the Guaranteed limits

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 4
trdmlc
New Contributor

Thanks for the info Brian, and yes i was referring to guaranteed.  I'm definitely not trying to cheat the system, just wondering if they consider what I actually made the year that I sign the contract or what I will be making.  Since I received the increase half way through the year, I'm technically not above the limit for this year (will be next year however), but my stated salary does put me over.  Looks like FHA for me, which is still a great deal at only 3.5%.

Starting Score LENDER PULLS (02/23/10): 587 (TU) 554 (EQ) 562 (EX)
Current Score LENDER PULLS (07/02/10): 651 (TU) 645 (EQ) 669 (EX)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

For eligibility purposes they are more concerned with "projected income".  I had a situation once with a borrower who was scheduled to get a raise within 3 months of the loan closing, and it pushed them over the Direct limits, so they had to switch to the Guaranteed program.  In a lot of situations if there is a non-working co-borrower they require them to sign an affidavit stating they aren't currently working or seeking work.  Brian's advice was spot on about moving over to FHA.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.