Did you mean: 

USDA LNG

tag
ashivley
Established Member

USDA LNG

Here is the automated email I was given by the USDA in Washington:

Processing dates:

Applications:  Between February 19th and 27th.

Applications are assigned to numerous processors. The time needed to complete any given application will vary depending on the complexity of the transaction and the number of applications in process at any one time. 

Closings /Requests for Loan Note Guarantee (LNG): February 6th.

My question is which are we, are we applicants or closing requests? It would make sense that we would be closing since we are in fact trying to close on our home, but I am not sure. My loan officer really doesn't seem to be any help, or doesn't know herself. When I asked her she said we were closing but can't give me any time frame she said we would just have to wait as long as it take to get approved. So I emailed someone in the GRH department and they said they were 3 weeks out? Anyone have any idea? We submitted our paperwork 2-27!

Thanks

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
ashivley
Established Member

Re: USDA LNG

Anyone?

Message 2 of 35
Wanna700ASAP
Established Member

Im waiting just like you, you are an applicant. The Feb 6 date for for poost closing documents.

Message 3 of 35
ashivley
Established Member

What are post closing documents? We are supposed to be closing on our house 3/28.  We used a preferred lending so I am just finding it silly the my loan officer would not be able to get us a time frame and she said we are the closing. Maybe she is new at this and others in the bank have done more of these types of loans. Who knows, I just hope everything goes smoothly and we close soon I just want to be in our new house.

Thanks

Message 4 of 35
Wanna700ASAP
Established Member

USDA does whats called a post closing request for gureentee loans, and they do origination. You loan is pending origination, I also went with the preferred lender and i do not have a closing date either. They cant give you a closing date until USDA approves the loan. Once again did teh lenders UW give you a conditional approval????

Message 5 of 35
ashivley
Established Member

Our lender said we were all approved and passed though GUS without any problems. Our real estate agent made our closing for 3/28 which our LO had said would not be a problem. Initially she had said we would most likely hear back with approval from the USDA 3/19 and could close by 3/25 but now I can't get a straight answer out of her. She told me we were the Closing/ LNG and would be 6 weeks out, but again someone at the USDA office in Washington told me they are only 3 weeks out. It is starting me make me a little frustrated that she should know this stuff but instead I am left to troll the internet looking for answers.

Message 6 of 35
Wanna700ASAP
Established Member

Ok. I understand what were your conditions of approval you should have received a letter stating your mortgage was approved and had a list of condition attached. If you got that letter the only thing you can do to ruin your chances is to do soemthign stupid like buy a car. Other then that i would celebrate.

Message 7 of 35
ashivley
Established Member

We have not received any letters from the bank, everything has been done electronically. We have good faith estimates and loan disclosure statements, but nothing saying we have any conditions. When we were preapproved in November our LO had told us we would need to have an inspection, appraisal and septic inspection and of course live in a rural area defined by the USDA to get the loan could those be the conditions? What typically are conditions? I am not worried about the loan going though I am just wondering if there is any chance we are going to close by our current close date, 3/28, or if we are going to need to ask for an extension.

I asked my loan officer for a time frame on Thursday and she said she didn't know and we might want to ask for an extension just in case. Not much help.

Message 8 of 35
Lindsayp

Oh my gosh!!! Same question!!! Exactly the same. We submitted, well out LO submitted our loan to USDA on 3/7. I want to know exactly which group we are in. I'm so anxious I could scream. That email response almost causes more confusion. Ash, when you know something, let me know. We are right behind you in line!
Message 9 of 35
ashivley
Established Member

Will do. Just got an update from my LO that says Closings /Requests for Loan Note Guarantee (LNG): February 6th.

I really wish they made this easier to understand. I have had several email conversations with people in the guarenteed loan division at the usda and they all seem to say they are 3 weeks behind and that our loan would be under applicatants and then to refer to my LO who says we are closing requests, super frustrating. I guess if we go with Feb 6 we are now 3 weeks out for a total time of 6 weeks since application was submitted.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.