Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA LO question

tag
K_J
Regular Contributor

USDA LO question

Hi Everyone,

I need help before we lock in our rate. Right now we are looking at 2 options with USDA...... 3.5% with 3/4 point or 3.625% with no points, we have decided to go with the 3.5% with 3/4 point, though this will cost us a little more at the table, it will save us money each month for the next 30 years. This just seems like the more financially responsible way to go. Our one concern with our loan is that our LO added a 3.5 % deposit that we paid the builder to our sales price. Is this practical?  We were planning to use the down payment towards options. Applying the down payment to our sales price increases our sales price by 12,300 thus raising our taxes. We aren't sure we like this. Has anyone else paid out of pocket and it not been added to the sales price, is this an option? Or does it have to be added on to the sales price? Any input would be great!

Starting Score: EQ: 532, EX: 569, TU: 621 (All lender pull 10/15/11)
Score: EQ: 660,lender pull 4/13, EX: 671 lender pull 4/13, TU: 691 lender pull (4/13)
, current Score (3/16/17) EQ: 724. Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: USDA LO question

lo made a mistake.

loan cannot be for more than the sales price in the contract.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
K_J
Regular Contributor

The sales price in the contract is 410K, but it also states in the contract that we have to pay a start up fee of 3.5%, The LO wants to know where this money is going? We are using it for upgrades since USDA does not need a down payment. LO wants to know if this deposit will go as a credit for closing costs. Can we leave the sales price and pretend like this deposit was never paid or will it need to be added to sales price to show proof of where the deposit went?

Starting Score: EQ: 532, EX: 569, TU: 621 (All lender pull 10/15/11)
Score: EQ: 660,lender pull 4/13, EX: 671 lender pull 4/13, TU: 691 lender pull (4/13)
, current Score (3/16/17) EQ: 724. Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Sales price is 410K.

Start up fee is an assumption on my part for a new build?

Upgrades will increase the sales price by the cost of the upgrades.

Im also making an assumption you are in Hawaii since that is the only place that I know off the top of my head that USDA will allow a USDA loan that high.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.