Regular Contributor

USDA LOAN and overtime pay

I am looking to apply for a mortgage in the near future and would really like to go with a USDA loan. Problem is with my overtime pay calculated in, my income is too high to qualify. How does USDA factor in over time pay??

Regular Contributor

Re: USDA LOAN and overtime pay

By the way I am shooting for USDA guaranteed. I don't know if that makes a difference or not

Valued Contributor

is always worst c

It is always the highest amount for household income so even if the money cannot be used for eligibity they will count it when it comes to the max allowed.

Bacially if you make it they will count it - 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker Lending in all 50 states -
Valued Contributor

Re: is always worst c

Right after responding I received a link for the new limits - maybe your state was one that changed 

here is a link to the new household income limits

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/hsf-guar_income_limits.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Regular Contributor

For some reason the link is not working. It's taking me to outlook mail log in. 

So basically even if the over time is not guaranteed they will count it.

Valued Contributor

sorry about the link - not sure what happened?

Yes for the income limits they will look at what was made regardless of what is guaranteed

B

Super Contributor

Just copy & paste the URL rather than clicking on it.  It appears the URL that Brian linked was from a webmail application, thus it's forwarding you to log into that specific webmail account in order to access it.

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/hsf-guar_income_limits.html is the direct link.

Regular Contributor

Thanks!  

One more question... do they use w2's to determine income or check stubs?

Super Contributor

Paystubs and a verification of employment document that your payroll/HR department completes.

Regular Contributor

Re: USDA LOAN and overtime pay

Thanks for your help! 90% of my over time comes from the summer months. So although I make a substantial amount more during those months it's not something that is steady throughout the year. I just hope that 4 months of overtime pay don't disqualify me from obtaining a USDA mortgage.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.