fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: USDA Loan ???

Did you like that, sweetpea?Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 27
sweetpea3829
Established Member

LOL, I did.  I just thought it was humorous.  We weren't *technically* discussing politics...just the government as an entity that moves really.really.really.slowly. As it pertains to RD mortgages. 

It wasn't meant in a snarky or rude or any kind of disrespectful way.  Just a smile.  :-)

Message 23 of 27
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I understand. I've visited a few forums where the discussion of "government unions" turned ugly VERY fast. We don't want those discussions to find there way here.Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: We got our conditional commitment from the Guaranteed UDSA office today.....Yay!!!! All that needs to be done is final inspection from USDA and our final walk through which is scheduled at the end of the week.  We are set to close on the 19th, what a ride this has been!!! So glad that it is almost over!  For anyone wondering turn times for USDA in Texas right now it is running about 7-8 business days.

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

pdb - You went USDA Guaranteed in Texas, not Direct, right?  Did you go through the centralized Temple office or did your file get sent to the regional office?

We are on business day 12 of waiting for the guarantee letter.  Everything with our loan is done, we just need the letter and we can close the next day.  We were told that it could take up to 15 business days but that it might come earlier.  Now, I'm just hoping we get in time.  Our contract expires on Friday, so we are running it close.

The waiting is killing me.  Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Texas no longer uses the regional offices to process USDA loans, it is all sent to thier main office in Temple. I too had issues with the length of time it would take for them to process my loan but I didn't wait as long as you did. I called [Edited] and he can be reached at [Edited]. Don't leave a message because he doesn't return calls to consumers so keep calling him back. Once you do get him on the phone give him some sob story and he will break and help you out. My loan still had 10 days ETC, I called him on Thursday and it was approved that following Friday and I closed that Friday afternoon.

Edited to remove personal information which is not allowed in the public forums. You can exchange this information via PM (Private Message) if you'd like.

Thanks for your understanding- MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.