Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Mortgage Loan

tag
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Re: USDA Mortgage Loan

Alabama usda office says its running a 30 business day schedule! At that rate I'll need a 75 day closing period in the contract!
Message 31 of 57
Currie30
Established Member

Wow!! That's crazy! Tennessee has a 17 business day turn around. Has your loan gone to USDA yet?
Message 32 of 57
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if anyone know Mississippi turn around

Message 33 of 57
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Have you checked the USDA site? I followed the USDA site links to get to my state, and I was able to locate a phone number that gives recorded updates for turn around times. You might be able to find the same info for MS. 

Message 34 of 57
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Im def going to look into that once i start this process

Message 35 of 57
Buttonlady

I just closed an USDA loan in MS; my LO emailed me on a Thursday that they were submitting my loan to USDA, I settled in for an indefinite wait, and then received an email the next day with the clear to close. We had to scramble to set up the closing the next Tuesday. Apparently, Mississippi is very efficient in this process at least!
Message 36 of 57
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

@Buttonlady wrote:
I just closed an USDA loan in MS; my LO emailed me on a Thursday that they were submitting my loan to USDA, I settled in for an indefinite wait, and then received an email the next day with the clear to close. We had to scramble to set up the closing the next Tuesday. Apparently, Mississippi is very efficient in this process at least!

OH WOW this is crazy I am so glad u posted... where in Ms are u? What lender did you u use? did they come back with any crazy conditions?

Message 37 of 57
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I used Mortgage Investors Group here in TN too and had a great experience. My loan officer was fantastic. Hope everything goes well

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 38 of 57
Buttonlady

I am in Warren County and used a mortgage broker, the Mortgage Connection, in Jackson. Had to write a couple of clarification letters for the underwriters, but NOTHING at all once it went to USDA. I was very surprised about how painless the entire process was, I had prepared myself for a nightmare, but it went very smoothly. Certainly can't complain about the goverment in this case!
Message 39 of 57
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Did u use any down payment assistance? I am in forrest county and plan to move to lamar

Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.