cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Question

tag
OneBrokeMom

USDA Question

How often does the USDA come back and request more information? If they do come back with "conditions" what are the conditions that they usually ask of you?? I'm waiting on this one last piece of paper and I'm praying they don't come back requesting anything else.

Sandra

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Re: USDA Question

As long as your lender did their job properly, once your file is submitted to USDA it's just a final double check on what the lender has done. That's how it worked in my case and I don't recall seeing anyone else receiving any conditions once their file was submitted to USDA

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 2 of 5
arizonahd
Contributor

I am going through the same program and have done a fair amount of research. Most issues will be caught before going to USDA but one thing that could be an issue is if the home is not 100%. Any missing appliances, roof damage, or plumbing issues could delay or flat out deny the USDA from "rubber stamping" your loan. The house I am buying has really minor roof damage on the eaves (could fix it with a 4" piece of wood) but just the fact that it is there could hold up my loan. The seller is working on fixing it but I am still in the dark, it may not be an issue if the appraiser doesn't notate it but more than likely will if it is not fixed at that point. 

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 5
OneBrokeMom

I don't think that will be an issue for us. We are buying a new construction and it is 100% done.
Message 4 of 5
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

I've seen USDA reject files due to individuals exceeding income limits.  This is usually vetted by your lender though.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.