Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Question

tag
Muschock
New Contributor

USDA Question

I am under contract for a home set to close May 1, USDA Guarenteed. It will be my kids and I living there and down the road possibly my boyfriend and his 2 kids. He owns his own home. LO asked me if he would be living there eventually because if so his income would need counted. I can not forsee the future...I told him no. My question is what if in 6 months he does move in...is there some kind of consequence??? Just seemed odd. I had to write a letter saying he would not be living there and he had to write a letter saying I have full access to funds in a joint checking account. We have had that account for a couple of yrs and only use it if we are going on vacation and then we both put money in to split the cost.

One positive...appraisal came in today at 3.5k over what Im paying. The garage door does need scraped and painted though.

Thanks for any insight to the living together later situation Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: USDA Question

You will be fine if he moves in later - you were right to say no if the plan is not for him to move in at the time of closing.

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 3
Muschock
New Contributor

Re: USDA Question

Thanks Brian! Thats what I thought!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.