jumpingin

USDA Rural Housing Loans Foreclosures & Fixer Uppers?

Just curious how this works?  The home we are most interested in for our family, is a foreclosure at a great price, but a bit of a fixer upper.  The broker had mentioned no fixer uppers but I am not sure what is considered a "Fixer Upper" technically.  This house will need new paint & carpet, but the basement was sectioned off into a daycare previously & not very well.  The walls are here and there & we would definitely want to knock down walls and drywall the basement the right way.  Would this be a problem since we are going through USDA?  TY! :smileyhappy:

Established Member
theholst

Re: USDA Rural Housing Loans Foreclosures & Fixer Uppers?

USDA has set requirements that you must meet.

For instance I signed a contract with a house that has no heat and no water heater. This is a NO NO for USDA which I am going with. You will need to make some sort of agreement with the seller to get this to work out in your favor. At least that is what I am trying to do. Ill keep you updated as I only have 4 1/2 more weeks before I close.

jumpingin

Re: USDA Rural Housing Loans Foreclosures & Fixer Uppers?

Ty for your response.  Please keep me updated.  The problem with this home it's a foreclosure...  So, if there is a repair Im sure we'll just be out of luck on this house.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+