Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Timeline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA Timeline

We have our certificate of eligibility. We are looking at homes. I am trying to determine when I should begin packing up our house. There are so many different timelines for how fast the process goes after submitting an offer. I have two little girls and don't want to disrupt their day to day if this is going to be a really long process. Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Timeline

Well I don't know the specific timeline for direct USDA, I do know that nothing is guaranteed with a mortgage until the keys are in your hand unless you are a cash customer. Our USDA guarantee loan took 77 days to close. We were into a extension. Closer to 60 day seems to the norm for most USDA loans. That is from accepted contract to closing.
Message 2 of 6
LaurieL

My USDA guaranteed loan was less than 30 days between offer and clear to close (offer accepted on 9/11 and clear to close on 10/2).  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. That's fast. I take it that you encountered no snags?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call your local USDA office and ask them how quickly they are processing loans.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guaranteed loans will move as fast as the lender can move. Direct may be different.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.