Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA closing??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA closing??

I am in the middle of a USDA closing. The house was appraised and approved for lan amount and for USDA requirments. What should I expect next?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: USDA closing??

Need more info. How far along are you? Has it went back to underwriter yet? If not it will go to underwriter for approval and intense nitpicking(lol), then be forwarded to your area USDA local office for approval. 

Once the USDA approves the loan. You can finish the closing process and get your keys.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has went back to UW after apprasail. I know the settlement company has received notice from lender for title work . I spoke with settlement company and she said she believed even with USDA we can close on or before 8/26. I was just wondering what a few of you may think.....

Message 3 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Some states are faster than others when it comes to USDA. Once mine returned from UW it was sent to USDA immediately. Mine was back from USDA within 48 hours.

I was told I could close as soon as it returned. It was just a matter of getting the attorney and builder lined up to close. If your LO has everything ready. And the other parties are available. You could close the day it returns from USDA. Paperwork is 20 mins tops and you're out of there. lol

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awesome. I was guessing atleast a week on USDA desk.... This makes me think it will happen by the 26th.... Thansk

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JMBURRS You can always google "current USDA wait times for your state" and they normally will have the dates they are working on the front page.  I'm currently living a nightmare with USDA so I'm very familar.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

After my lender's underwriter approved my application, it was sent to USDA who gave them the thumbs up within 48 hours.  It was painless after that!  The closing date was set and I closed on the home.  I moved in on 8/7.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After my lender's underwriter approved my application, it was sent to USDA who gave them the thumbs up within 48 hours.  It was painless after that!  The closing date was set and I closed on the home.  I moved in on 8/7.

WHat state are you in? I am in PA, it went to USDA today I am told.

Thats great news 48 hours

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.