Contributor
credit911

USDA credit reporting

Now that I have my mortgage, I was wondering if USDA direct loans report to the credit bureaus just like  a standard mortgage does? I hope so, I could use the positive credit reporting to raise my scores over time.

Contributor
credit911

Re: USDA credit reporting

does anybody know?

Regular Contributor
hawkeye33

The bank through which you got your USDA loan (or, if your loan is sold, the bank to which it is sold) should report on your loan regularly to the CAs. My USDA mortgage is through Wells Fargo, and they report regularly.

Contributor
credit911

I have a direct loan through USDA...there is no bank. Payments are made directly to them. So I was wondering if they report same as a regular bank would? Thanks!

Regular Contributor
hawkeye33

Sorry, my bad.

Contributor
credit911

No worries, I appreciate the effort!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}