Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA d/I a few questions

tag
Chelli02
Established Member

USDA d/I a few questions

I am so grateful for these forums with everyone's help I have brought my score from 580's to 724equifax 664 experian and not sure about trans union yet but the last time I checked was in November and it was 660. So we are ready to start looking for a house and selling our current home. My first question is whether the survivor benefits I get for my son since his father is deceased ...can that be used as income on a loan? We have a few credit cards that have a high minimum payment and are going to make our d/I cut it really close ....I have about 10,000 saved but I am not sure if I should use it to pay them off or wait and see what a lender has to say....we are thinking of new construction and I am not sure if I will need a deposit saved for that since we haven't sold our home yet. My husband works for the government and gets a big step increase in October but we really don't want to wait because interest rates are rising and my kids would have to switch schools in the middle of the year, so that's whybibwas wondering if we can use my sons survivor benefits for qualifying income.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
edcampbell613
Contributor

Re: USDA d/I a few questions

As long as it continues for 3 years from the date of closing. How old is the child? Is it SSI (Social Security)? Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.