Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA direct loan funding FY 2013

tag
Kg1977
Established Member

USDA direct loan funding FY 2013

Has anyone heard when funding will be available for 2013?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA direct loan funding FY 2013

My understanding from reading a post on another forum is that it will take quite a while for funding to show up for FY 2013 if you don't already have a commitment in place.  If you are already in the pipeline, you have priority over someone entering the pipeline now.  The post I read seem pretty informed, and stated that if you are entering the pipeline now, funding will not likely be available until the end of the calendar year.  

Message 2 of 12
Kg1977
Established Member

I just started the process in August. My application is in the "underwritting" process. I was told by my LO that since its an election year, funding will be delayed. Very disappointing. But thank you for the info!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went under contract July 23 when "they had plenty of money". Closing was suppose to be September 7 but I am still waiting on funds. Senator Collins Office called RD for me and found out the funds will be released the third or fourth week of October. I have been waiting on funding since the end of August. Hoping the sellers will sign ONE MORE extension (fingers crossed).

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I don't understand about this process is how other people have been able to keep sellers waiting while RD takes forever to fund loan. I am hoping by the grace of god these people will extend again bc they are already out of the house. Anyone else waiting to close?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maine2012,

We have been under contract since June 17, 2012, were supposed to close Aug. 24th but...also still waiting on funding :-(  We have been fortunate so far with the sellers granting 2 extensions so far but who knows if they'll continue.  When you spoke to the senator who found out about when funds will be available was he pretty sure about that date?  Do you know what number you are in line nationally for funding?  You can ask your field office to check on that for you.  We are # 17 nationally.  So close yet so far!!!! Edited

Message 6 of 12
Kg1977
Established Member

I am in Ohio...still waiting on funding. My LO said that he thought funding won't be out til after November since its an election year but went ahead and sent me my certificate of eligabilty. I have already looked at a couple of houses but there isn't much to choose from in this small town. This process is so frustrating and being on a time crunch to find a house is completely stressing me out! I even considered just building a house but from what I heard, that is even more of a stressful process! I hope everyone is having better luck than I am Smiley Sad(
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have been lucky enough that the sellers had already moved out and I am renting from them hopefully only until the first or second week of November until the loan closes. Who do I call to find out what number I am in line? The local and state office wouldn't tell me.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been over 2 months since I applied and I haven't received anything in the mail yet. Did it take a while to get approved?

Message 9 of 12
Nati
Established Member

Just a FYI I went thru USDA when I purchased my home(in ohio) and at the time (June 7th 2012) they were on a 4-6 week turn around. which I actually didnt get finalized till August 7 so it turned into 8 weeks and I was told by a neighbor that theirs took from july till mid september. All i can say is I have my finger crossed for each of you and just be patient 

Starting scores 5/29/12 via 53 identity alert
EX-676 TU-667 EQ-665
Todays scores 11/16/2012 via 53 identity alert
EX-721 TU-719 EQ-723
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.