cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA direct loan with middle mtg score 634?

tag
tlavery
Contributor

Re: USDA direct loan with middle mtg score 634?

I should have called the USDA office before I posted that reply......they do not accept anything below a 640 middle score.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also keep in mind that for prequalify they (usda direct) only pull one score and it may not be your actual. "Middle score" so you may be declined without full application showing all 3 scores so be armed with all 3 scores when you do talk to them. I am sure you already read that though. Usda seems to be gaining traction even in the last year since we applied for our guaranteed loan. Know that handbook inside out as my research is the only thing that saved our loan.
Message 12 of 14
tlavery
Contributor

Yes, thankfully I knew that. I did find out that they will equifax which is 634, so I have to get that up 6 points before I can even do a pre-qualification.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may depend on the USDA official you deal with and what state you live in. In IL, we were able to get approved. My husband and I actually just closed on our USDA Direct loan this morning, and neither one of us has a middle score of 640. His is 629, and mine is 624. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.