Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA direct loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA direct loan

Ok....I am hoping that someone who has gone through or is going through this process can give me some input because I am going crazy waiting! Here is my situation, I live in MA, my income is within the USDA guidelines, and I have a house that I can close on in August.

I applied and they received my application on 4/20 with all information included. On 5/20 they pulled my credit from Transunion only and then the next day I got a letter requesting me to come in to discuss some credit issues. My meeting was on 5/28. I brought in explanation letters and/or documentation showing that the items in question were paid. She asked for some additional information to be sent over, my ss card, a letter documeting how much I pay in child care. I signed the employment verification and she faxed it to my employer the next day and also called my employer on Monday 6/1. At the meeting she indicated that everything looked good, I gave a check for $25 to pull the 3 credit bureau credit check which did occur that day because I got the alert. I asked if there was anything that would get me denied and she indicated that only if something else came up on my credit or if I lost my job.

Transunion was my lowest score, 586, EQ is 607 and Experian is 628 (plus score). What she told me is that she would pull credit give it to someone else to look at (would this be underwriting) and that she would contact me as I would not get an eligibility certificate since I already have a house. So I am not sure what they are doing at this point, sent an email yesterday, she responded and said that they only got credit report yesterday, she is going and that she is going to begin to put my file together. I asked if I could have an timeframe on when I would expect to hear from her and got no response. I have read the underwriting guidelines but I am not sure where I fall in this and if I still have a long wait.

Anyone have any input?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: USDA direct loan

I'd send a follow up email asking for the timeline.  That could be a bit difficult for the USDA rep to pinpoint down so if you just send another one it shows them you really want that info and likely you'll be getting it answered shortly.  Sounds to me that you are looking good but not being able to do USDA loans direct I'm not exactly sure of the step by step process.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.