Contributor
2130sunshine

USDA guaranteed

Has anyone recently closed on a USDA guaranteed loan. My file was sent to USDA to review and I am just curious on how long that takes. I'm in Texas.

Thanks

shnn18

Re: USDA guaranteed

Hello, we are in Michigan and our file was sent to USDA on Thursday, August 9th. We were told they were currently processing files from July 31st, and to give a day for each day that they are behind. So, we are expecting about 10 days before we hear anything. Then our lender says it goes back to the Underwriter, which could take up to 72 hours and then we will get the clear to close.

Contributor
2130sunshine

shnn18 wrote:

Hello, we are in Michigan and our file was sent to USDA on Thursday, August 9th. We were told they were currently processing files from July 31st, and to give a day for each day that they are behind. So, we are expecting about 10 days before we hear anything. Then our lender says it goes back to the Underwriter, which could take up to 72 hours and then we will get the clear to close.

Thank you for the information! :smileyhappy:

marieme

We are in oregon it took about a week for us to hear back
Established Member
tgregory662

Mississippi - 3 weeks. Went through it twice and 3 weeks both times. (Had to add repairs to loan.)

New Contributor
noncontrol

In Ohio waiting anywhere from 20 to 25 days. Suppose to close august 31 but looks more like first or second week of September

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+