Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA in PA - Aug closing

tag
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

USDA in PA - Aug closing

anyone currently in the process of USDA in PA , or recently close?

Curious what the USDA turn around time is? After some back and forth with underwriting of the lender , our file was sent to USDA Monday eve.. we have an august 2 closing date scheduled.

Im a nervous wreck!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Re: USDA in PA - Aug closing

Try emailing the rep and asking Smiley Happy That's what I did... He got back to me real quick
Message 2 of 8
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

The email address for PA is pagrh@pa.usda.gov

Worth asking..

Also, here's the PA site *I think* http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/PA_Housing.html  and it looks like they just now are reviewing stuff from earlier this month.

Message 3 of 8
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

haha problem is whatever their website says or a rep says , is not going to assure me Smiley Wink

The processor at my mortgage co said when she submitted it they told her the current turn around time is 10-12 business days.

Im not sure if it was submitted late on the 15th or early on the 16th , but I count 13 business days from today till our scheduled closing..EEEPPP!!

Im gonna need a script for xanax to survive the next few week!!

Message 4 of 8
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

I feel your pain.  Our state has a "5 business day turnaround" and our lender submitted it to USDA exactly 5 business days before our original closing date.  We were supposed to close tomorrow and instead got pushed to the 23rd.  I'm chewing my nails wondering if a) USDA will only take 5 days - which means tomorrow and then b) if my lender will do what he's supposed to after in order to get to the table.  I'm 38 weeks pregnant - due on the 30th - and still don't know which house we're having the baby in.

Oh, and the icing is we have to get out of our rental by the 31st.  

Best of luck to you Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
CreditRepairGirl23
New Contributor

Congrats on your upcoming munchkin! Im going to stop complaining now Smiley Wink I cant even imagine going through this prego!

We did have a contract on a house that lasted from March - begining of June. Septic failed then after lots of negotiations to get them to fix it, the property failed for a sand mound (any other possible solution would have needed DEP approval and could have taken 6+ months so we terminated the contract) The owner was in a nursing home with a legal gaurdian so everything had to be run through the courts it was a nightmare!

So... this is the second time we are going through this since Jan when we started looking , although last time we didnt get to underwriting so Im happy to be further along!

Just makes me nervous cutting it so close. My mortgage guy says hes never seen a loan that made it through their underwriting get rejected by usda and that hes also never had them make him miss a closing date - so Im trying to be optomistic.

Also my realtor assures me if something did go wrong and we needed some more time , since my rate lock doesnt expire till the 13th we could ask the seller to push it back. We've been very accomadating to all of their requests so far and it makes sense theyd rather wait 3 days then put it back on the market and start all over..

Im just not going to sleep for the next few weeks! haha

Message 6 of 8
Jaguars28fan
Contributor

We closed on May 30th in PA through USDA.  Our application got turned in on May 17th.  It took about 7 business days, we didn't get approval until may29th.... It was so stressful since our closing also affected 2 others.  It looks like your closing will be right down to the wire as well.  Our mortgage officer had a contact in USDA and she kept us well informed on where we were.  The site is pretty up to date about what days they are finished with.

Message 7 of 8
Hevj1119
Regular Contributor

Thank you Smiley Happy

Just got a call from our realtor.  USDA returned our app this morning so we're closing tomorrow!  Knock on wood, I'll let you know if that happens.. cause if so it just shows that yes, it can come down to the day before and still happen Smiley Happy

BTW - my colleague just had a closing (not USDA) where it got pushed back about 6 times, totalling 15 days of extensions and his seller just sucked it up and let them keep extending it Smiley Happy  People are reasonable about extending it a few days vs. relisting Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.