Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA income

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA income

We are about to start the process of obtaining a usda loan.  My FICO scores have gone up almost 100 pts since december (after a lot of hard work).  My question is about the income limit.  My wife will not be on the loan, but will be considered in the household income.  For 9 years she has worked as a nurse making about $35,000 /year.  I make $70,000, so that puts us over the limit by about $3,500.  Well last Nov she quit and is doing some part time home health (self employed).  With her new income, we make about $$90,000/year (about $9,500 under the limit).  I know they will look back at the last 2 years taxes, but will they only use what she makes now, when determining our household income?  We have talked to several different USDA lenders and have gotten both yes and no.  Thanks for any replies.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA income

I'm not sure. Maybe one of the mortgage guys can answer that? Maybe they will average it?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I hope someone will reply that has had some experience with this sort of thing.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe they average your last 2 years. So take What you made last year total and add that to what you will make this year total and divide that by 24 and it tells you what they believe you can afford minus the montly credit card/cars bills you may have. perhaps someone else can help a little better. bottomline they average out your last two years.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.