Valued Contributor
Swapmeet

USDA length of primary residency required

I would like to get a USDA mortgage for a house that I may initially live in, but will ultimately end up renting out. My question is: how long would I have to personally live in it and what is the verification process like that proves that it is my primary residence; and what type of penalty do I face if I move out and decide to rent it out before the date that is the answer to my first question?

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Established Member
lifeafter

Re: USDA length of primary residency required

I've applied for a USDA guaranteed loan. I've not closed yet and not sure I will get to but the papers I was sent and had to sign and send back to my broker says that it must be my primary residence for at least a year. Hope that helps.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}