Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA loan about to get derailed

tag
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

USDA loan about to get derailed

I think I know the answer to this but I'm asking here for some informed advice.

First short background. We're doing USDA guaranteed. I have full time job, GF has 2 part time jobs, one PT job has 2+ years history in same industry other is only 6 months history. Only the 2+ year job is being counted by the lender. USDA is counting both. We've cleared UW and was sent to USDA on July 10th. Indiana USDA has a pretty big backlog and it's looking like they won't get to our file till between aug 12th and 20th. They are working on June 25th today.

Ok, so GFs part time job that has the 2+ year history offered her a full time position starting Aug 5th. Which she accepted, if she didn't accept she was going to be terminated. She has given notice to the other part time job that her last day will be Aug 2nd. Now this actually makes things better for us. Her income that will count toward the loan is higher. That helps our DTI ratio (we were borderline) and her full time income is less than the two part time jobs together so it won't put us over USDA income limits.

Will USDA or the lender do any re-verifying about employment? Should we tell LO about these changes before we're asked? This whole process has been a nightmare (we started on June 6th with LO) and I absolutely do not want to delay things for 30-60 MORE days while this go back through UW and USDA. 

Any advice?

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: USDA loan about to get derailed

Definitely tell the LO about the change in employment. Since it is just a transition from part time to full time with the same employer it should not create any major problems. If she has an offer letter that states her new compensation that would be even better. Then USDA will not have a reason to question the income limits. But if they do any verifications and facts are different than what is in the file that is going to raise questions and suspicions and could easily delay / derail the process.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Re: USDA loan about to get derailed

Yeah, our LO is on vacation until Monday. My GF is planning on being there Monday to fill her in. It's the right thing to do. We don't want to get caught up in any fraud situations or anything legal. Better to be upfront about everything and be prepared for whatever may happen.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.