Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA loan question about purchase contract

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA loan question about purchase contract

I have posted several times and wanted to update on progress towards obtaining a USDA loan- Midscore now 647, have obtained a lender after checking here on the forums (thanks Mickie and Shane)  who assures me that with the 3 alternative credit lines, I can be approved for this loan. I have located a new home priced at $198K (I'm in SC). It is scheduled to be completed 11/7. Lender assures me that the credit report will still be good, there should be no problems and we need to proceed with submitting offer, write contract (includes $1K earnest money-apparently standard for this builder).

Does this all sound okay to everyone? I am scared to death of losing my money. I understand I have 30 days to secure financing and he assures me that he will submit the package ASAP and set the closing date for 4-5 days after the home is completed.

Advice, anyone?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: USDA loan question about purchase contract

It sounds like things are progressing like normal.  Once you get the initial approval from the lender, after your loan is submitted to underwriting, you'll have a very clear idea of what will be needed and the time line for the rest of the process.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.