Established Member
Kg1977

USDA loans

I have currently put an offer on a home. My question is, it is 2494 sq st. In the USDA handbook for my region the maxium sq ft is 1800. Has anyone gotten an approval over the maxium sq ft??? Please help! I'm in Ohio by the way.
ChazBoomer

Re: USDA loans

Is this for direct or guaranteed?  There is no max square footage for either loan progam as far as I know.  I have read multiple docs for these loans and never heard of such a thing.  What handbook are you referring to?

Valued Member
sophmore

I went Direct and the max sq. footage was 1800 for my area and that was firm according to my office.  It does vary by location because it has to be considered modest for your area.  Guaranteed, from my understanding, does not care about the square footage.

Regular Contributor
jules0580

I think that it would be pretty hard to get them to approve that since its so much bigger then the limit, I know they can do waivers for slight differences but thats a pretty big difference.

Established Member
Kg1977

Chazboomer, I read this in the USDA rural development handbook. From their website. I applied for a USDA direct loan.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+