Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA loans

tag
Kg1977
Established Member

USDA loans

I have currently put an offer on a home. My question is, it is 2494 sq st. In the USDA handbook for my region the maxium sq ft is 1800. Has anyone gotten an approval over the maxium sq ft??? Please help! I'm in Ohio by the way.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA loans

Is this for direct or guaranteed?  There is no max square footage for either loan progam as far as I know.  I have read multiple docs for these loans and never heard of such a thing.  What handbook are you referring to?

Message 2 of 5
sophmore
Valued Member

I went Direct and the max sq. footage was 1800 for my area and that was firm according to my office.  It does vary by location because it has to be considered modest for your area.  Guaranteed, from my understanding, does not care about the square footage.

Message 3 of 5
jules0580
Regular Contributor

I think that it would be pretty hard to get them to approve that since its so much bigger then the limit, I know they can do waivers for slight differences but thats a pretty big difference.

Message 4 of 5
Kg1977
Established Member

Chazboomer, I read this in the USDA rural development handbook. From their website. I applied for a USDA direct loan.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.