Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA question???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA question???

I have been following everyones journey on their house buying so congrats to ALL who have been able to get through it and STILL have some sanity leftSmiley Happy So for those who have been through the USDA part of it recently can you please tell me what your experience was like??? I am on pins and needles right now. Here's our story.....We are done with the bank side of it-got the "clear to close" on thursday 7/22 and the file was overnighted and recieved 7/23. Our scheduled closing date is mid August. Well my better half called today to check on the status meaning to be sure it was there. Well it was and we have encountered a "hiccup"! Because my better half is related to someone who works there our file may have to be sent to another office-GRRRR!!! Chances are VERY LIKELY it will be. This office had a turn around time of 2-3 days and we were told that it could have been done TODAY!!!!! How awful to know this!! But it is what it is. So I was wanting to hear about everyone else's experience with USDA so I can have some sanity left and know we are not alone. I know one things for sure--I don't want to EVER do this again!!! Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to all who are in the process like we are! I'll be praying we'll see the light at the end of the tunnelSmiley Wink

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: USDA question???

It likely already came back from underwriting, but because someone was related it has to go through an additional quality control process to make sure there wasn't any tampering.  It's a standard procedure most lenders have.  Just means that a senior employee gives it a 2nd or 3rd review, but hardly any issues ever come up if it was properly reviewed the first time.  If the person is related to USDA, and it's the USDA office who had to send it to another USDA office, it is probably also done for similar reasons.  Hope it works out for you.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response and shedding some much needed light on this...As this is the first time we have had to go through this. We are still waiting for our file to be looked at. We were told that there were 6 other files in front of ours as of 8/3 so it would be "sometime" this week??? Still waiting!!!!!!

Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Welcome.  I'd think they'd be able to get through more than 2-3 loans a day, I'd be surprised if it's not by end of today or tomorrow morning.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess what I couldn't understand is that I spoke to a lady there a week ago today and she said for me to give her my number and as soon as she was done with the file in front of her she would get on mine and call me to let me know the outcome...well an hour later she called me back and said  it was approved and that all she needed to do was get the forms done and that it would be done by the next day (friday) so we waitied pretty much the whole day to hear something from her or our lender about it and never did so I called later that day and asked for and  come to find out she has been out of the office since then. So technically it was not an "official approval"??? so getting back to Tuesday 8/3 that's when we were told that it was in line and that the supervisor said that there were no SPECIAL favors for it to be jumped ahead of the line because of it being sent there due to the situation-which we NEVER asked for ANY special favors! and that it would be sometime this week. It was very upsetting to us emotionally to know this was not going to happen we we were told it would be. We were under the impression that we were good to go!! This has been such an emotional rollercoaster and feels like we're never getting off of the ride Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.