Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA "clean" credit question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA "clean" credit question

Thanks.  It's interesting that you mention the shifting of payment dates.  Some of the lates on my installment account actually report on the wrong month and don't match the actual payment history. I've had a horrible time getting it corrected.  In any event, I was late in January and the loan company isn't impressed with my requests for goodwill (not that I blame them).   

The good news is that my most recent collection (a medical collection also from January of 2009) is about to be deleted and I've just sent in a goodwill letter with proof of enrollment on a student loan that shows 120 days late as recent as September 2008.  My current scores are 650, 594 and 584.  Maybe in a couple of months I'll get up to 660 and skate through underwriting.  Smiley Wink

Earlier this year my scores were in the high 400s, low 500s. It has been a long climb back. I'm looking forward to being a homeowner again. I relocated and had to sell my last home right when the bottom fell out of the market. I took all of my savings to closing and thought I might never own a home again. Now I'm just trying to be patient.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Message 11 of 16
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I LOVE your CAN DO attitude!

Hang in there and you WILL own a home again.  Smiley Happy

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

mickey08-

I was indeed told by my bank it was illegal...  That may have been thier response to avoid  having to do work, and to deter me from pursuing it...

Message Edited by 1fastZ on 07-28-2009 11:56 PM
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

While it is entirely legal for youe creditor to not report information (i.e late payment, even you whole account if they choose to do so), it is VERY illegal for them to knowingly report innacurate information.  Also, it is fraudulent for them to give you a "concession" by moving the date on the late to make getting a loan easier.  That said, in this case it has worked in your benefit. 
Message 14 of 16
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

It is possible to get a mortgage with 2 lates in the last 12 months.  It all depends on your loan. If you can get a GUS approval then that will help.

I am scheduled to close tomorrow morning on my USDA loan.  I have 2 installment lates-09/08 & 12/08.  I did receive GUS approval.  My middle score is 656. 

Keep working on your credit repair and then go meet with a good USDA loan officer. 

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Medicgrrl!  And thanks for posting your experience.  That gives me some hope.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.