cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA...what are the cost out of pocket for us...closing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA...what are the cost out of pocket for us...closing?

Hello Everyone!

We are looking to get a USDA Guaranteed loan...hopefully soon. I am wondering what we will need out of pocket with this type of loan? Will we have to pay closing cost or will that be included in the loan?

Thanks so much!!

Andrea

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA...what are the cost out of pocket for us...closing?

Here are my out-of-pocket costs so far:

Earnest Money

Home Inspection ($250)

Appraisal ($400)

My closing costs are included in the loan.

Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: USDA...what are the cost out of pocket for us...closing?

With USDA you can include the closing costs into the mortgage if the home appraises over the sales price by enough.  So for example if the sales price is $100,000 and closing costs are $4,000 and the home appraises for $103,000, the difference of $1,000 just has to be paid by someone (you or the seller most likely).  This is a feature that is unique to USDA loans.

Otherwise expect to pay your earnest money (the amount negotiated on in the contract), appraisal fee ($300-500), a home inspection ($300-400), and then at closing it's whatever portion of the closing costs that cannot be financed into the mortgage or that are being paid by the seller (negotiated in the contract).

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.