Andrea49

USDA...what are the cost out of pocket for us...closing?

Hello Everyone!

We are looking to get a USDA Guaranteed loan...hopefully soon. I am wondering what we will need out of pocket with this type of loan? Will we have to pay closing cost or will that be included in the loan?

Thanks so much!!

Andrea

New Contributor
DiggingOut1

Re: USDA...what are the cost out of pocket for us...closing?

Here are my out-of-pocket costs so far:

Earnest Money

Home Inspection ($250)

Appraisal ($400)

My closing costs are included in the loan.

Starting Score: EQ 490 EX 516 TU 492
Current Score: EQ 628 EX 626 TU 668
Goal Score: at least 700, across the board!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

Re: USDA...what are the cost out of pocket for us...closing?

With USDA you can include the closing costs into the mortgage if the home appraises over the sales price by enough.  So for example if the sales price is $100,000 and closing costs are $4,000 and the home appraises for $103,000, the difference of $1,000 just has to be paid by someone (you or the seller most likely).  This is a feature that is unique to USDA loans.

Otherwise expect to pay your earnest money (the amount negotiated on in the contract), appraisal fee ($300-500), a home inspection ($300-400), and then at closing it's whatever portion of the closing costs that cannot be financed into the mortgage or that are being paid by the seller (negotiated in the contract).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+