Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UW approved off to USDA then what?

tag
natesezgoblue
Valued Member

UW approved off to USDA then what?

SO our loan was approved by the UW today.  It goes to USDA and takes up to 3 weeks to be approved.  My question is, then what?  do we close the day it gets back or what? this is my first home loan so any input is appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Re: UW approved off to USDA then what?

According to my LO, once the file is back from usda, you can close within 48-72 hours. We are buying a forclosure from the VA, with a usda loan, and the seller (VA) requires 72 hours to review closing documents.
Message 2 of 4
natesezgoblue
Valued Member

closing docs are title and escrow?  ive read they run credit again?

Message 3 of 4
Lemontwist4
Frequent Contributor

It depends on your lender  if it's their protocol to do a soft credit pull before close. USDA does not pull credit just the lender. My lender does not pull before closing others do you would need to ask your loan officer. My LO said when the file comes back from USDA in that 48 hours they are preparing the closing forms it goes back to their UW but only for the purpose of making sure everything if filled out correctly on the HUD figures etc then you will get the clear to close and you sign and your done. Title transfer can take 1-3 days depending on the company and state.

Sent to USDA on August 14th 2013 Approved September 5th CLOSED September 9th!!!!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.